Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference!!

Not surprisingly General Conference was the highlight of my week! but unfortunately I have no time to write about it! I really need to get going, so i'm gonna do this letter highlights style. 
1. I went on Exchanges with Elder Packard on Tuesday. We met up with them somewhere in Altoona, and Elder Bryant packed an overnight bag. He worked with Elder Christenson in Altoona and I worked with Elder Packard in Huntingdon. On exchanges the zone leaders are checking to see how you're progressing, how well you know your area, work with members, how well you use your time, Tons of things i guess. Jordan can probably tell you more about it. Well it was awesome, I feel like i knew my area really well, and i feel like i worked hard. We had a good exchange and he gave me some very helpful tips to work even better! Also since i was in charge for that day and a half, I got to DRIVE!!!!! for the first time in forever!!! yay!! 
2. we got to have a district meeting with the president and his wife! (mission president, not USA) He and i get along great and he gave me a great confidence booster. He is a great guy and i'm lucky to serve under his direction.
3. General Conference!!!! Man i wish i had more time to type about this! I love Elder Bednar! he is totally helping me out over here, his talk is going to be used for a long time in missionary work. Also there wasn't one talk that wasn't amazing!!!! my suggestion is to read and re read all those talks. there is a wealth of information in there. A literal gold mine of life changing words from god. Read it. Then Live it. Then watch as the term, more blessings than you have room to receive them, unfolds before you.
God loves us so much he gives us commandments. the commandments is a fantastic reminder of how much god loves us. Another evidence of his love is the Apostles. They give us exactly what we need. God knows us. Christ knows how to succor his people. The Atonement works. The church is true. 
-Elder DeFreese
1. Just in case you didn't know... listerine spray and a lighter makes for a fun day...

No comments:

Post a Comment